Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Favorite Things






Jane Iredale's Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder: This mineral foundation has an SPF 20 and provides medium to full coverage.  It leaves a powdery look on your face when applied that can be diminished with the usage of a hydration spray over it.

I use the color Warm Sienna and I can also use Golden Glow which is a tiny bit darker.  In order to get medium to full coverage I like to use a beauty blender with it.  With the Chisel Brush I find the coverage tends to be lighter for me and I like more coverage.  The Amazing Base scores a 3 on Skin Deep.

Jane Iredale's Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara: I find that this mascara accomplishes what it claims to do.  It definitely makes my lashes look thicker and longer naturally.  I think it is best to use this with the lash conditioner, but you can also use a more economical mascara that scores low on Skin Deep Database to use as a primer for it.  There is a trick to applying this mascara.  You shouldn't apply it like traditional mascaras.  What I do is squeeze some of the product onto the brush and then proceed to brush it on my lashes.  I will make a video of this soon and show you the difference.  This scores a 1 on Skin Deep.

Jane Iredale Pink Lip Pencil:  This is liner does a great job in lining my lips with different shades of pink lipsticks.  It goes on smooth and blends easily.  This scores a 1 on Skin Deep.

Zuzu Luxe Blush in Sunset:  I love this blush shade.  It reminds me of Jane Iredale's Whisper blush. It has some shimmer that provides a nice glow.  It scores a 2 on Skin Deep.

Ilia Beauty Lipstick in Neon Angel:  It has a beautiful pink shade that has to be built to its vibrancy.  Therefore, if you do not enjoy bright lipsticks you can leave it toned down.  I love vibrant pinks so I build the color up.  The texture and consistency of this lipstick upon first application doesn't easily glide over your lips, instead it clings to your lips.  I'm not sure if this makes sense.  I would recommend applying a  balm before the lipstick to help it apply more smoothly.  Yet, subsequent applications have been very smooth.  It has almost a velvety feel. I love this lipstick.  Once applied it has lasting power and feels moisturizing.  I would like to definitely try more products from this brand.  





No comments:

Post a Comment