Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Jane Iredale Glow Time and Smooth Affair




 
I have been using Jane Iredale Glow Time and Smooth Affair for about a year.  According to the Jane Iredale website "Glow Time covers blemishes, minimizes pores, disguises wrinkles and smoothes and brightens skin."
"Our mineral-based formula nourishes your complexion and helps protect skin from UV and free radical damage.
  • Provides Broad Spectrum SPF 25 and UVA P++ protection that is water resistant for up to 40 minutes
  • Available in 6 shades: BB1 (Fair), BB3 (Light), BB5 (Light to Medium), BB7 (Medium), BB9 (Medium-Dark to Dark), BB11 (Very Dark)
  • Grapefruit Extract promotes luminosity and skin radiance, minimizes appearance of pores and wrinkles, and may help to fade uneven pigmentation.
  • Apple Extract is a skin-smoothing antioxidant that exfoliates, refines and rejuvenates the skin.
  • Sunflower Seed Oil is rich in moisturizing vitamin E.
  • Aloe Leaf Juice soothes and calms the skin.
  • Non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, sensitivity tested, clinically tested, dermatologist tested"
     I love that this product has an SPF 25.  Most sunblock blocks my pores and causes me breakouts. This product did not do that. I loved its natural full coverage (your skin still looks like skin only better) and that only a little bit of product is needed to cover my face.  Its consistency is thick when you try to smooth it over your face.  In my personal opinion it does not glide like for example, Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation which is more like a mousse to me.  Now, although it feels thick it doesn't feel heavy when it is applied over your face.  It felt very light on.  Due to its consistency it is very important to moisturize your face properly.  I apply it using my fingertips instead of a brush because I the warmth of the skin helps it to smooth over better. On me I think this foundation BB cream will last around 2-4 hours without retouching.  When I use Jane Iredale's pure pressed base and the Balance hydration spray it lasts longer.  I like it for an everyday quick look.  My morning routine is usually very quick using these products.  I spoke to a personal shopper on how to achieve a more flawless airbrushed look and she gave me some tips I will be implementing and updating you soon.  I have worn this while being out in the sun in Florida and have not gotten a sunburn.  I haven't noticed a reduction in the appearance of my pores and I don't really have wrinkles yet so I can not comment about these statements.  I use glow time with Jane Iredale's primer Smooth Affair.

According the Jane Iredale's website:

"Smooth Affair has anti-aging properties that even skin tone, minimize the appearance of pores and increase luminosity.
Skin feels nourished and looks smoother. Makeup goes on more easily and lasts longer. The light, fresh fragrance is uplifting.
  • Grapefruit Extract promotes luminosity and skin radiance.
  • Apple Extract is a skin-smoothing antioxidant that helps maintain skin’s youthful elasticity.
  • Green and White Tea Leaf Extracts and Royal Jelly are anti-aging and anti-inflammatory.
  • Aloe Leaf Juice soothes and calms the skin.
  • Algae Extract is anti-aging, firms the skin and prevents moisture loss.
  • Olive Leaf Extract promotes epidermal cell renewal.
  • Honeysuckle Extract helps to purify the skin.
Non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, sensitivity tested, clinically tested, dermatologist tested."

Smooth Affair has a very fresh flowery scent.  It is not overpowering and I really enjoy it.  It is wonderful to find products with so many natural and beneficial ingredients.  It definitely helps the Glow time apply more smoothly.  Its consistency is that of a lotion and it feels a little like the Korres primer (silicone free) to me. Its like a light lotion that is easily and quickly absorbed.  Maybe it smoothes over time with prolonged usage but its not something that you put on and you feel your face smoother like silicone containing primers.  Overall I like it but it is not my HG primer.

Side note:  Before applying these products I wash my face with La Roche-Posay's Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cream cleanser and then use Kahina Giving Beauty's Facial Lotion.  Then I proceed to use Smooth Affair followed by Glow Time



On the left is Glow Time in BB7 and on the Right is Smooth Affair.
For comparison purposes I am a NC35 in MAC and can use both BB5 (lighter- like Warm sienna Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Foundation) or BB7 (darker-like Golden Glow Pure pressed foundation).   I do find that mineral foundation tends to be forgiving in terms of color shades on skin, but BB7 tends to be my exact shade when blended in.  I think it gets a little darker during the day which is why on my next purchase I will try BB5. 

I will try to upload a picture with just my face prepped soon.

I hope that you find my review helpful.

Click below to watch my youtube review on these products and I invite you to subscribe.
 
 
 
Youtube1
Youtube2

Products shown were purchased by self for use.  This is my personal opinion.  Products react differently on everyone's skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment